The wonderful and amazing Princess Simcess has nominated my blog for the Liebster Award. My sincere thank you to the Princess for the nomination. If you have not read her Beauty and the Beast story, please do. It is such an amazing story. Princess Simcess’s stories and characters have entertained me so much, that I have added a few of them into my own story Pieces of Time. You can find the Princess herself as well as Stellan Knight and his family.
Let’s answer Her Royal Highness’s questions. 🙂
- Do you have any pets? I have two cats. Pepper Oni was a former feral. If you know anything about feral cats, you may know that once they pass the age of 8 weeks, they are harder to socialize. Pepper Oni is one of the exceptions. She was a year old when she moved into my basement to keep warm for the winter. It took a month of patience to tame her down. Now 10 years later she is happily sleeping at my side. She has never been a very healthy cat so I know my time with her is coming to an end soon. She has been sick more often lately. So I enjoy every day and every cuddle I can with her. My other cat is Curry Osity. He is 2 years old. I have had him since he was 6 months old. I stole him from my neighbor who was abusing him. When I brought him in, he weighed only 3 pounds. He should have been closer to 10 pounds at his age. He had broken ribs which are now healed. He is now a 16 pound butterball who enjoys hanging out with my mom in her room.
- What Disney character are you most like? I would have to say Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I love to read. I also see beyond the outer appearance of others to what is on the inside. I spend three days a week feeding the homeless in a soup kitchen. Too many people look down on these people. I take the time to get to know them and their stories. I have found that some of these people are much better people than a lot of those with loads of money and fancy homes. They don’t judge others.
- How have you grown as a Simmer? (Be it in building, CAS, storytelling, etc!) My sims are no longer just rolls of the random dice, unless that is what I am going for at that time. I enjoy spending time creating the sims I play. I enjoy creating the sims for the selections of other simmers. As for building, I no longer just make box houses. I have figured out how to use some of the other tools to add variety to my builds.
- What was your favourite subject in school and why? I loved History. My junior year of high school I had an American History teacher who made it fun. He would come in dressed as different characters and tell the story of that person. One thing that really made history “click” for me, was a family tree project we had to do. Being able to connect people from my family to the events in history made it feel more real. For example, when we were discussing Native Americans, I was able to connect my 5x great grandmother to them through an attack on her family which killed the entire family aside from her, two of her sisters, and one of her brothers. Seven members of the family were killed. A few years ago, I was contacted by a group and asked if I would be willing to speak at an event they were having at a cemetery. They were honoring the last surviving Civil War soldier by adding a memorial marker to his grave site. What made this event so special to me was that he was the grandson of the woman who survived the attack from the Native Americans. He was also my great-great grandfather. It was a great honor for me to speak at the event about him. My love for History led to me getting my Bachelor’s degree in History and now teaching High School History.
- What’s one trait your Sim has that you wish you had? There really isn’t any that I wish I have. I am who I am for a reason and I would not change that for anything. I have been through a lot of hard times in my life to get to where I am now. I like the person I am. Now if my behind was a big smaller….
- If your life was a movie, what genre would it be? Definitely not a romance. I’m divorced with no plans of ever going the marriage route again. My luck with dating since the divorce confirms that for me. Drama? There’s enough of that in the world already. Horror? Maybe in the morning before my caffeine and a hair brush. I would have to say Comedy. I enjoy being a little goofy. I have a large collection of silly hats that I wear for work at the soup kitchen. The way I see it, these people have very little to smile about. If one of my hats can make them smile, then it is worth it for me to be a little silly to make them happy for even just a moment. And do you know anybody else who will walk up to a random stranger, set down beside them and say “I don’t bite. I only nibble.”? I have done that more than once. The reactions and responses are funny. You should try it some time.
I nominate acarb90 for the amazing METRO and LegacySims2017 for the story that always makes me hungry for pancakes House of Pancakes.
- If you could be a fly on the wall in anybody else’s SimLit, which one would you pick and why?
- What has been the most shocking thing you have read in a SimLit story?
- Who is your favorite townie?
- If you could hook your SimSelfie up with any character from any story or a townie, who would it be?
- What was the worst thing you have done to any of your sims?
- If you had a million dollars, what is the first thing you would do?
- If you woke up tomorrow morning and your skin was permanently bright orange, what would your first thought be?
- What was the first concert you ever attended?
- What was the first movie you ever saw at the theater?
- If you were attacked by zombies and could only defend yourself using the closest object on your right side, would you survive?